CALL FOR APPLICANTS for the Summer 2017 Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI)
Please note: Application deadline is February 1st, 2017!
WHO: Continuing undergraduate students from all over the US who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or its possessions
WHAT: Summer institute experience, stipend, and housing provided.
WHEN: June 12th – August 18th, 2017 or
June 19th - August 25th, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1st, 2017.
WHERE: HJ Andrews Experimental Forest on the McKenzie River and at OSU in Corvallis, OR.
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world.
Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, participants will gain:
1. Valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
2. The foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program, including a peer-reviewed research proposal.
3. The training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
1. A total stipend of $5,000.
2. Free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and on the OSU campus
3. The opportunity for down time and group activities.
For more details and application, please go to http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi
The application deadline is February 1st, 2017.
If you have any questions, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org