Archbold Biological Station
Assistant Data Manager
This is a full-time position that offers health and dental benefits, retirement plan with matching employer contributions after one year, paid vacation and sick leave, and 10 paid holidays per year. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is March 10th, 2017. EOE/AA Employer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day responsibilities include monitoring and trouble-shooting of data flow from raw file entry point of abiotic and biotic data to relational databases, real-time streaming onto an SQL Server, and automated subset data transfers to offsite end users
- Provide support for all data management tasks
- Occasional support for field technicians
- Microsoft Access database creation and maintenance, including form design
- SQL Server database maintenance, query writing and view creation
- Assist researchers at Station and MAERC Ranch in data management
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant coursework or equivalent work experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Word and Excel is required
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, VBA coding, MS Access form design and macro creation preferred
- Familiarity with SQL Server scheduled jobs, queries and views, as well as general database maintenance is recommended
- Experience with MS DOS batch files, ColdFusion, LoggerNet, RTMC, R, CoraScript helpful but not required
- Ability to troubleshoot network data flow connections, database errors, VBA code
- Ability to work with research staff and outside agencies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Good written communication/documentation skills
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional physical activities including lifting, pushing and pulling items up to 50 pounds; reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing, crouching and prolonged periods of sitting.
- Ability to work various shifts during occasional emergency situations, including evenings and weekends, with little or no notice.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, to email@example.com.