Interested in caring for the land and serving people? A job with the USDA Forest Service could be your chance to work in the great outdoors while unlocking opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
We’re hiring students and recent graduates for jobs in a variety of exciting and rewarding career fields, such as rangeland management, soil science, hydrology, archeology, biology, botany, recreation, and geology.
The following positions will be open on www.usajobs.gov Feb 18-28, 2022.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0454-09 Rangeland Management Specialists.
- GS-04/05 with conversion to GS-0455-07 Range Technicians.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0470-09 Soil Scientists.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-1315-09 Hydrologists.
- GS-04/05 with conversion to GS-1316-07 Hydrologic Technicians.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-1350-09 Geologists.
- GS-07 with conversion to GS-0193-09 Archeologists.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0482-09 Fish Biologist.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0486-09 Wildlife Biologist.
- GS-05/07 with conversion to GS-0430-09 Botanist.
- GS-07 with promotion potential to GS-0301-09 Recreation Management Specialist (Merit promotion opportunity only)
- GS-0499-03/04/05 with planned conversion to GS-0454-09 Rangeland Management Specialists.
- GS-0499-03/04/05 with planned conversion to any natural resources related position (0401, 0462, 0404, 0301, etc.) not to exceed GS-09.
- GS-1399-03/04/05 with planned conversion to any GS-09 physical sciences or related positions.
- GS-0199-05/07 with planned conversion to GS-0193-09 Archeologists.
Review the job announcement carefully for required information to include in your application. Employment start date varies.
Forest Service recruiters will also be attending the Society for Range Management Annual Meeting February 6-10, as well as the virtual event February 21-25. Applicants do not need to attend the conference to apply.
The Forest Service is hosting webinars to help you through the application process. Join us and get answers to your questions.
Note: You may be prompted to download the free Microsoft Teams application. All webinars will be available to watch on-demand after the date and time listed.
- Tips for Job Seekers – Tuesday, February 1, 3-4 p.m. MST, Microsoft Teams
- Navigating USAJOBS – Thursday, February 3, 3-4 p.m. MST, Microsoft Teams
- Federal Resume Workshop – Tuesday, February 8, 3-4 p.m. MST, Microsoft Teams
- Hiring Eligibilities & Qualifications – Thursday, February 10, 3-4 p.m. MST, Microsoft Teams
- Tips for Job Seekers – Tuesday, February 15, 3-4 p.m. MST, Microsoft Teams
Visit the Forest Service Jobs webpage, fs.usda.gov/fsjobs, to learn more about career opportunities, benefits, hiring events, and resources to help with the application process.
We look forward to working with you.