The Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) (http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu/ <http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu/>) will be held again this summer at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest (http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/ <http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/>) in the beautiful Oregon Cascade mountains.
WHO: Undergraduate students from all over the US.
WHAT: Summer institute experience, stipend, and housing provided.
WHEN: June 15th – August 21st, 2015.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 15th, 2015.
WHERE: HJ Andrews Experimental Forest on the McKenzie River and at Oregon State University in Corvallis, OR.
WEBSITE: http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu <http://eco-informatics.engr.oregonstate.edu/>
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world.
Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, participants will gain:
1. Valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
2. The foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program, including a peer-reviewed research proposal.
3. The training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
1. A total stipend of $5,000.
2. Free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and on the OSU campus
3. The opportunity to attend the American Geophysical Union conference in San Francisco, CA in December of 2016 (Awarded to the most outstanding research team as chosen by the EISI faculty mentors)
4. The opportunity for down time and group activities.
If you have any questions, please e-mail the program manager at firstname.lastname@example.org <mailto:email@example.com>