The 2021 Science Council Meeting has been rescheduled to November 8-11, 2021, hosted by the Central Arizona-Phoenix LTER site in Tempe, AZ. The theme will be human-environment interactions, with breakout groups and site talks in the following categories:
- Historical influences/legacies
- Managed ecosystems (forest, range, fisheries)/ restoration
- Human dominated (urban/cropped) ecosystems
- Vulnerability to extreme events
- Environmental justice
- November 7: Executive Board and NSF Program Officers travel
- November 8: Executive Board meets Noon-5:30 pm; Science Council arrives in the evening.
- “Science Council” includes Lead PIs plus one designate per site, Representatives of the Information Management, Education and Outreach, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committees.
- November 9:
- Morning: Site Talks
- Afternoon: Breakout Sessions
- Group Dinner
- November 10: Science Council meets
- Morning: Field Trips
- Afternoon: Breakout Sessions/DEI Activity
- November 11:
- Science Council Business Meeting:
- Lead PI Meeting;
- Afternoon/evening departures
Detailed (but still evolving) schedule (google doc).