The consistency and longevity of the LTER Network has led to the development of many tools, databases, and best practices that are useful beyond the Network. An exhaustive catalog of such resources would be impossible. On these pages, you’ll find resources that are particularly relevant to the operation of the Network at this point in time.
If there are additional resources that you think belong here, please contact the LTER Network Office to discuss them.
- New to the Network (a page of resources to get new Network participants started)
- Network News is directed toward LTER Network researchers, students, and staff. It comes out every other month and is mailed to the email@example.com mailing list.
- LTER Science Update is directed to both LTER researchers and the broader ecological science community and appears in alternate months. Sign up to receive LTER Science update via Mailchimp and control your own email delivery options.
- DataBits has been published by the LTER information managers since 1989. It contains short articles on information management practices, developments, and resources. Beginning in 2020, new articles will be published to the LTER Information management webpage and a new issue sign up will be established.
- Most LTER Committees have a shared google drive for collaborative work. Many also have Trello boards and Slack channels. Contact the LTER Network Office for additional information.
- Resources for everyone:
- Resources for Information Managers: The LTER GitHub repo contains a wide variety of information management-related documents, best practices and code chunks. The index page provides a bit of guidance about navigating it all.
- Resources for Educators and Education Managers, including assessment resources, as well as places to recruit educators and participants.