1) Cavender-Bares, J., K. Kozak, P. Fine, and S. Kembel. Phylogenetic approaches in community ecology. invited review for Ecology Letters.
2) Willis, C. G., J. Cavender-Bares, M. Halina, C. Lehman, P. B. Reich, A. Keen, and S. McCarthy. The temporal and spatial dynamics of community structure in Minnesota oak savanna: A phylogenetic perspective. American Naturalist (invited for resubmission)
3) Funded NCEAS working group: $120,000 (see report at: http://ecophylogenetics.nceas.ucsb.edu/.) One graduate student and three post-docs are participating in this working group.
4) An Encyclopedia of Life workshop to train students in "megaphylogeny" assembly, held at the Field Museum in Chicago, April 2008 (http://ecophylogenetics.nceas.ucsb.edu/documents/megatree-grafting-workshop/ ).
5) A software tool "Phylografter" (Richard Ree) for building well-documented "megaphylogenies" was also developed.
- 2007, Oct 11-14
- CDR, KNZ, BNZ, LUQ