CALL FOR APPLICANTS
for the Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) for summer 2018 Please note: Application deadline is February 2, 2018.
The Eco-Informatics Summer Institute (EISI) (http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi) will be held at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest (http://andrewsforest.oregonstate.edu/) in the beautiful Oregon Cascade mountains.
- WHO: Continuing undergraduate students from all over the US who are citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or its possessions
- WHAT: Summer institute experience, stipend, and housing provided.
- WHEN: June 18th – August 24th, 2018
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 02 , 2018.
- WHERE: HJ Andrews Experimental Forest on the McKenzie River and at OSU in Corvallis, OR.
- WEBSITE: http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi
2018 RESEARCH THEMES:
- Plant-pollinator networks in a changing forest landscape
- Network drivers of threshold sediment entrainment in rivers
- Riparian corridor transport in coupled surface-subsurface system
Eco-Informatics, an emerging discipline, integrates mathematics, computer science, statistics, and engineering with the study and management of ecosystems. Through a ten-week undergraduate/early graduate research experience, the EISI will provide interdisciplinary training for young scientists to help manage ecosystems in our technologically sophisticated, globalized world. Through the integration of research and education, effective mentoring, and hands-on experiences at the HJ Andrews, participants will gain:
- Valuable research experience in Eco-Informatics and in their own disciplines.
- The foundation and opportunities to develop and seek support for their own graduate program, including a peer-reviewed research proposal.
- The training to become outstanding interdisciplinary scientists and effective contributors to the science and management of ecosystems.
Participants will receive:
- A total stipend of $5,000
- Free lodging at the HJ Andrews Experimental Forest and on the OSU campus
- The opportunity for down time and group activities
Visit http://agsci.oregonstate.edu/eisi for more details on this year’s projects and for the application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.