The Center for Advancing Ecosystem Climate Solutions seeks a Project Coordinator to help organize and manage the newly-created Innovation center. The Center is based at UC Irvine and includes faculty from UC Merced, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, Stanford and San Diego State. The Center’s mission is to develop geospatial tools to assess, understand and manage ecosystems for climate resilience, fire hazard, carbon sequestration, water supply and wildlife habitat. The Coordinator will be at the hub of these activities, and will help organize the Center’s core elements, assist with sharing project results and reporting, and develop an online presence to communicate findings. This is a full time position located at UC Irvine with occasional in-state travel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of western US sustainability issues, wildland management and/or natural resources.
- Energy and enthusiasm to contribute to a large project.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field; or a Bachelor’s degree plus 2 or more years of relevant
- Project management experience.
- Experience in communications, and/or graphic and web design.
- Experience coordinating logistics for meetings, workshops, or other events.
- We welcome applications from individuals with a range of backgrounds and perspectives.
Additional information on the position and application are available at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05546
Applications received by Sept 27, 2019 will receive full consideration.