The 2019 Science Council Meeting is scheduled for the week of May 13-17, 2019 in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico near the Luquillo LTER Site.
Participants for the 2019 Science Council Meeting
- 1 LTER Principal Investigator per site.
- 1 additional investigator per site
- Site PI’s choose the additional investigator. Please ask them to fill out the form below as soon as you have confirmed their availability.
- Members of the Executive Board, including IM and Education/Outreach Reps. In general, if a PI is a member of the Executive Board, the site does not receive an extra slot for both PI and executive board roles. If there’s a particular reason you need one, please let us know.
- Members of the Self-Study Committee, if possible. Participating members of the self-study committee will stay for an additional day and a half to work on the self-study.
- Monday, May 13: Travel day. Fly into San Juan Airport and shuttle to Wyndham Rio Mar (approximately 40 minutes)
- Tuesday, May 14: Site lightning talks and breakout group discussion in support of self study
- Wednesday, May 15: Business Meeting (morning); field trip (afternoon); group dinner (evening)
- Thursday, May 16 (morning): LTER Lead PI Meeting
- Thursday, May 16 (lunchtime): Science Council Meeting ends. All except Self Study committee depart as schedules allow.
- Thursday, May 16 (afternoon): Self Study committee meets
- Friday, May 17: Self Study committee meets.
- Saturday, May 18: Self Study Committee departs
This will be an expensive meeting. We have arranged for single rooms, but if you are willing to share a room with another participant, please indicate that on the form below. Economizing on governance costs allows us to put additional funds towards synthesis and other Network activities.
We have reserved a block of rooms under the name “LTER Science Council.” Please call the Wyndham Rio Mar at 800-474-6627 to reserve your room. Be sure to let them know you are part of the group. For approved LTER travelers, your room and meals will be billed directly to the LTER Network Communications Office. Please do not bill ineligible expenses (such as guest meals or alcohol) to your room.