Science of Team Science: Lessons from Synthesis Centers
January 12, 2018
- Hampton, S.E., Parker, J.N., 2011. Collaboration and productivity in scientific synthesis. BioScience.
- Heidorn, P.B., 2008. Shedding Light on the Dark Data in the Long Tail of Science. Library Trends.
- Borgman et al 2008. Little Science confronts the data deluge. Int J Digital Libraries
- Duke, C.S., Porter, J.H., 2013. The Ethics of Data Sharing and Reuse in Biology. BioScience.
- Wuchty, S., Jones, B.F., Uzzi, B., 2007. The Increasing Dominance of Teams in Production of Knowledge. Science.
- Jones, B.F., Wuchty, S., Uzzi, B., 2008. Multi-University Research Teams: Shifting Impact, Geography, and Stratification in Science. Science.
- Uzzi et al 2013. Atypical Combinations and Scientific Impact. Science.
- Hicks et al 2015. Bibliometrics: The Leiden Manifesto for research metrics. Nature News.
- Baron et al 2017. Synthesis Centers as Critical Research Infrastructure. BioScience.
- Hackett et al. 2008. Ecology Transformed: The National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis and the Changing Patterns of Ecological Research, in: Scientific Collaboration on the Internet.
- Cheruvelil et al 2014. Creating and maintaining high-performing collaborative research teams: the importance of diversity and interpersonal skills. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. (Templates for policies!)
- Goring et al 2014. Improving the culture of interdisciplinary collaboration in ecology by expanding measures of success. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment.
- Smith, K.A. et al 2007. Teamwork and project management. McGraw-Hill.