LTER has booked the entire Asilomar Conference Center and the nearby Monarch Inn for the dates of the conference (September 18-23).
Our registration site will be up and running soon. Meanwhile, the information below should allow you to make plans.
The LTER Network Office covers flights, registration, and lodging for up to 8 people per site. Please see your site PI or site administrator for information on who will be included in that allocation. Others will need to make their own travel plans and cover their own costs or make arrangements with their site to do so. Details for LNO-covered individuals will be distributed via email.
Flights. Plan to fly into Monterey Airport (closer) or San Jose Airport (more flights, better schedules). San Francisco is also an option, depending on your local hub.
Ground Transportation. Monterey Airbus offers shuttle service directly from all three airports to Asilomar and other local hotels. Book here.
Registration (which will include all meals, taxes, and park access fee) will be $450 for the week or $225 per day.
Lodging at Asilomar is largely in shared rooms. We will have a system for requesting specific roommates. There will be a range of room options from which to select, with slightly different pricing.
- Single King Bed: $150/night
- Single Queen Bed: $140/night
- Single Double Bed: $130/night
- Shared room (2 Queen Beds): $120/night/person
- Shared room (2 Double Beds): $100/night/person
- Shared room (2 Twin Beds): $80/night/person
- Triple room (3 beds in room, beds may be twin or larger): $75/night/person
- Quad room (4 beds in one room; beds may be twin or larger): $65/night/person