The Information Managers Committee is a network-wide standing committee, and so includes representation from each site. The committee meets annually to plan and coordinate Network data management activities, and a steering committee (IMExec) meets monthly. Every third year, the IMC co-hosts the larger Environmental Information Management Conference. Activity areas that have broadreaching impact include:
- Metadata standards for ecology
- Published guidelines for managing research data
- Development of Network Information System modules
- National and international training in information management
- Sponsoring and participating in symposia and other outreach
Active Subcommittees (2016-2017):
- IM Exec
- Information Management guidelines
- Website guidelines
- The NISAC committee (combining IM and science) is relatively inactive at present.
Activities over past 2 years:
Annual in-person meetings, monthly online meetings, a mail list, working groups, primarily working online. In 2015-2016 the IMC contributed significantly to the envisioning and proposal for what became the Environmental Data Initiative.