The 2020 Science Council Meeting is scheduled for the week of May 4-7, 2019 in Tempe, Arizona hosted by the Central Arizona-Phoenix LTER Site.
Meetings will be held primarily on campus, with field trips to various research locations. Lodging will be at the The Graduate, Tempe, where we have reserved a block of rooms. Invitations with information on booking and travel will go out as soon as we have participants identified from all sites.
The broad shape of the agenda is below so that you can begin planning your travel and identifying participants. While last year’s meeting focused on cataloguing past findings and accomplishments, this year, we’d like to hear from sites about what excites them as we look to the future. We are asking each site to focus their 5-minute presentation on a new research direction — or a new way of looking at an old problem. This theme may also help identify your second meeting participant.
Participants for the 2020 Science Council Meeting
One Lead PI from each site should fill out the form below so that we establish who will be invited to attend. Once we know who is coming, the LTER Network Office will send an invitation with travel and meeting details.
- 1 LTER Principal Investigator per site
- 1 additional investigator per site (designated by the PI — may be a second PI, a topical expert, or someone in consideration for site leadership)
- Members of the Executive Board, including:
- the Executive Board Chair,
- the Director and Executive Director of the LTER Network Office,
- the Director of the Environmental Data Initiative, and
- the Executive Board representative from each of the 3 “representative” committees: Information Management, Education/Outreach, and Diversity.
- National Science Foundation Program Officers, when possible
- Sunday, May 3: Executive Board travel day. Fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor.
- Monday, May 4: Executive Board meets. Exact times TBD. All other participants – travel day. Fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor.
- Tuesday, May 5: Site lightning talks, business meeting, breakout group discussion
- Wednesday, May 6: field trip (morning) breakout groups continue (afternoon); group dinner (evening)
- Thursday, May 7: LTER Lead PI Meeting (morning). All others depart after breakfast. Lead PIs depart after lunch.
Tell Us Who is Coming