Due to the COVID 19 pandemic and associated precautions, the 2020 LTER Science Council meeting took place online. Videos for talks are available online — through the links below or at the LTER YouTube Channel.
The 2021 LTER Science Council meeting will take place in person, at the Central Arizona-Phoenix LTER Site, the week of May 17, 2021.
Details for the 2020 online meetings
- LTER PIs meet:
- Friday April 3 at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT Zoom invitations have been sent, please contact Marty if you did not receive one.
- Friday April 17 at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT Zoom invitations have been sent, please contact Marty if you did not receive one.
- Executive Board meets for 1 hour: Monday, May 4 at 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT Zoom invitations have been sent, please contact Marty if you did not receive one.
- LTER Science Council meets for 2 hours: Monday, May 4 at Noon PDT/3 pm EDT: Zoom invitations have been sent, please contact Marty if you did not receive one.
- Site lightning talks, open to all, please register for the webinars
- Tuesday May 5 at 10 AM-Noon PDT/1-3 PM EDT
- Wednesday May 6 at 10 AM-Noon PDT/1-3 PM EDT
- Thursday May 7 at 10 AM-Noon PDT/1-3 PM EDT
Site Talk Schedule:
You must: Register for Webinars
Talks will be 5 minutes each, with a period for questions and discussion at the end of each block. Science Council participants should plan to attend all three sessions in their entirety. Other participants are welcome to drop in for shorter periods. Talks will be presented in the order listed, but may not perfectly fit a pre-determined schedule.
Block A: Disturbance and Resilience
- Bonanza Creek LTER (Michelle Mack) – Bonanza Creek Video (6:37)
- Luquillo LTER (Whendee Silver) – Luquillo Video (6:11)
- Cedar Creek LTER (Forest Isbell) – Cedar Creek Video (5:06)
- Konza LTER (Jesse Nippert) – Konza Prairie Video (5:07)
- Jornada LTER (Deb Peters) – Jornada Video (6:50)
- Georgia Coastal Ecosystems LTER (Merryl Alber) – Georgia Coastal Ecosystems Video (6:44)
- Palmer LTER (Oscar Schofield) Palmer Video (6:18)
Block B: Connectivity
Wednesday May 6 at 10 AM-Noon PDT/1-3 PM EDT
Block C: Ecosystem Structure
- Hubbard Brook LTER (Gary Lovett) – Hubbard Brook Presentation (7:37)
- Virginia Coast Reserve LTER (Keryn Gedan) – Virginia Coast Reserve Presentation (slides only)
- Florida Coastal Everglades LTER (John Kominoski) – Florida Coastal Everglades Video (8:24)
- California Current Ecosystem LTER (Kathy Barbeau) – California Current Ecosystem LTER Video (5:34)
Block D: The Future of….
Block E: Ecosystem Services
Thursday May 7 at 10 AM-Noon PDT/1-3 PM EDT
Block F: Spatial and temporal variability
- Northeast Shelf LTER (Heidi Sosik) – Northeast U.S. Shelf Video (8:23)
- Northern Gulf of Alaska LTER (Suzanne Strom) – Northern Gulf of Alaska Video (9:30)
- Beaufort Lagoon Ecosystems LTER (Yvette Spitz) – Beaufort Lagoon Ecosystems LTER Video (8:03)
- Moorea Coral Reef LTER (Sally Holbrook) – Moorea Coral Reef Video (10:12)
- North Temperate Lakes LTER (Emily Stanley) – North Temperate Lakes Video (7:33)
- McMurdo Dry Valleys LTER (Mike Gooseff) – McMurdo Dry Valleys Video (11:37)
- Sevilleta LTER (Jennifer Rudgers) – Sevilleta Video (8:47)