The LTER Network Office is seeking nominations for an on-site coordinator for REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) students at the LTER All Scientists’ Meeting. The meeting takes place September 19-23 at Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, California.
The Coordinator will have some involvement in the student recruitment and selection and onboarding process, but the most substantial time commitment will be at the All Scientists’ Meeting, where they will:
- orient a cohort of 20 students,
- help students choose workshops,
- check in with students at least daily,
- be available to answer questions or respond to problems, and
- conduct a wrap-up session to gather feedback and reflections.
Compensation will include travel and registration for the meeting (~$1500 value) and an additional $1000 stipend, plus the opportunity to do something really effective toward building the next generation of environmental scientists.
Please complete the brief application below by June 24, 2022 to indicate your interest. We will respond to applicants by July 7.