The US. long-term ecological research network consists of 28 research programs with a rich history of ecological inquiry and collaboration. Bringing together diverse groups of researchers with sustained data collection and ecosystem manipulation experiments, these sites allow each new generation of scientists to apply new tools and explore new questions in systems where the context is well understood, shared, and thoroughly documented. Site profiles contain key information on research, history, people, institutional affiliations, and location for each LTER site as well as links to additional site information.
For information on the Network as a whole, please contact the LTER Network Office.
- Andrews Forest LTER (AND)
- Arctic LTER (ARC)
- Baltimore Ecosystem Study (BES)
- Beaufort Lagoon Ecosystems LTER (BLE)
- Bonanza Creek LTER (BNZ)
- California Current Ecosystem LTER (CCE)
- Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve (CDR)
- Central Arizona – Phoenix LTER (CAP)
- Coweeta LTER (CWT)
- Florida Coastal Everglades LTER (FCE)
Be patient, map takes a few seconds to load.